Drywall is incredibly useful material. It’s both highly affordable and durable, and you can customize it to match any visual or decorating aesthetic. It’s by no surprise that drywall is one of the most commonly used construction material in Warsaw, Syracuse, Leesburg, Winona Lake, and other surrounding Indiana areas.
Like all other construction materials, drywall requires occasional maintenance and repairs to keep it looking good and functional. Our team at Matthews’ Painting has identified critical drywall maintenance tips for new and even long-time homeowners to address the most common drywall issues. Have a look;
· Popped Nails –wall studs and ceiling joists used in drywall can occasionally pop out. When this happens, you can remove the popped nails entirely and replace them with new screws. Apply a drywall compound after that.
· Water damage –this can be caused by anything from excessive rainfall to a leak in a piece of plumping. Before addressing any sign of water damage, you first need to resolve the cause of the damage. Do any necessary repairs to faulty pieces of plumbing, damaged roof, cracked gutters, downspouts, damaged pipes, or whatever is causing the water damage. For light surface damages, sand the damaged area, and paint a layer of stain-resistant primer, followed by a concealing drywall compound.
· Small Holes –many homeowners ignore small drywall holes, but you don’t have to. They’re relatively easy to repair. Adhere a drywall maintenance plate on that particular hole and then conceal the plate using a coat of paint.
· Large Holes –large drywalls can be typically repaired by first excising the entire section surrounding the hole. Once the damaged section has been removed, a new piece of drywall will be attached and covered in a coat of joint compound and drywall tape. A layer of paint is then applied to make the repaired area match the rest of the wall.
· Stains on drywall –you can wash normal stains off the drywall by first dusting it using a vacuum or duster. Next, wipe down your walls with a damp cellulose sponge. If your wall has stains, use a mild soapy solution to wipe down the walls. If the drywall has mold or mildew, contact a professional painting contractor or drywall repair expert for assistance.
· Repaint Regularly –Repainting your drywall adds a layer of protection on your siding and eliminates surface blemishes. Mold and water damage are kept to the minimum when the surface is regularly painted. Additionally, paint can cover up small hairline cracks in the drywall.
Need Help Repairing Drywall?
While you can address minor issues like stains and small holes, major issues like water damage and large dents and large holes in drywall are better left to professionals. Without professional experience, it’s easy and tempting to simply add a coat of paint over a water stain. But that is wrong.
At Matthews’ Painting, we understand the importance of keeping your drywall functional and aesthetically appealing. So if you need any help repairing and repainting your drywall, we can help. We can patch or replace damaged drywall to make your walls look good as new again.
We have over 20 years of experience in residential painting and drywall repair. Our services are currently available in Warsaw, Syracuse, Leesburg, Lake Tippecanoe area, Goshen, Winona Lake area, Columbia City, Indiana, and surrounding Indiana cities. To get started with us, call today on (574) 834-3575 to book our services or ask any questions.